To provide reliable, safe and comfortable air charter service to our clients through an environment that fosters continuous improvement, teamwork, growth of our employees and the success of our clients.
WHAT IS AN EMPTY LEG FLIGHT?
- If you fly regularly by private aircraft, then chances are you might have taken an empty leg flight before. But what does it actually mean?
- If a customer books a private flight the aircraft will potentially need to fly to another destination to pick up its next client. Therefore, this connecting flight (known as a ferry) is the ‘empty leg’ of a one-way private chartered flight
- Empty leg flights will have a predetermined aircraft type, departure date and time, and destination. The details of an empty leg flight generally will not be released until a few days before it is due to depart
- Other names for private empty leg flights include ‘dead legs’, ‘empty sectors’ or ‘one-way transients’. Essentially, these are all the same type of flight
empty leg flights
- Because of the nature of their predetermined requirements, empty leg seats can often be a cost-effective way to book private jet travel
- Sometimes up to 75% cheaper than a regular private charter fare, empty leg charters are a great way of accessing private jet travel, providing that you can be flexible with your arrangements or manage to find a one-way flight that meets all your travel needs
- Because of the volume of single private chartered flights being taken, there are typically many empty legs available at any given time, from airports all around the globe. If you have a schedule that is fairly flexible and open to change, then hopefully there will be a single flight that fits in with your schedule at a price that suits your budget
THINGS to know
- Fixed dates and times for departure and arrival.
- Flight time may be flexible due to the aircrafts previous flight schedule and arrival time
- These typically don’t come up until just before a previously booked flight departs
- These may not be suitable for passengers who need to be somewhere at an exact time and date
- You do not have a return flight and will have to book this yourself
- You may be able to request a modification to the empty leg, for additional fees to accommodate your schedule, and take advantage of some cost savings
- You can sign up below to receive email notifications when a flight is available to a destination you want to go
- UVA also brokers empty legs for other charter companies so there may be flights available for you, even if they are not with UVA!